The mission of the Heritage Society is to assist in keeping Catholic education affordable at the Beckman through donor-based planned gifts. The best way to pass on the Catholic school education. Planned giving will help guarantee the future of our valued Catholic school system. Listed below are several ways to become a member of the Heritage Society.
Designating a percentage or specific amount to Beckman Catholic High School when preparing one's will. Note: This may be done to an existing will by simply adding a codicil.
Life Insurance Beneficiary:
Designate a certain percentage of the Death Benefit proceeds toward Beckman Catholic High School. This may be done to an existing policy with a simple beneficiary change.
Designate a certain percentage of the Death Benefit proceeds to Beckman Catholic High School. This may be done to an existing plan with a simple beneficiary change. This opportunity includes 401k plans, both Traditional and Roth.
Charitable Life Insurance:
The donor is named insured and the charity is owner and beneficiary. Premiums paid by the insured are tax deductable and the death benefit goes to Beckman Catholic. Ownership of existing policies may be transferred to Beckman Catholic, to which current cash value is deductible.
Charitable Gift Annuity:
An irrevocable transfer of money, securities or property in exchange for a contract to pay the donor an annuity for life. Because the value of the property exceeds the value of the annuity, there is a partial gift to Beckman Catholic High School.
Other Planned Gift Opportunities:
Planned Gifts such as Charitable Trusts, Pooled Income Funds and Life Estate plans offer special tax advantages for the donor and require professional planning. For further information regarding which of these funding vehicles could benefit both you and Beckman Catholic HS, please see your attorney, CPA or other professional advisor.
Joining the Heritage Society at Beckman Catholic High School is a fitting memory and lasting tribute to you or a loved one. Your personal legacy will help maintain the quality faith-based education offered at Beckman.
With a planned gift or deferred commitment, you can become a member of the Heritage Society in any of the following ways:
- A provision in your will, setting aside a specific amount or a percentage of your estate to Beckman Catholic.
- Naming Beckman Catholic as a beneficiary of your IRA.
- Designating Beckman Catholic as the beneficiary of all or a portion of a life insurance policy.
- A gift of certain real estate with a retained life interest. The property is passed to Beckman Catholic upon death.
- Creation of a charitable remainder trust, charitable lead trust or other trust gifts.
- Purchase of a charitable gift annuity.
- Other planned of deferred gift.
Society Members will be recognized with...
- An invitation to the annual Heritage Society event.
- Special updates on Beckman activities and a Beckman newsletter.
- A Mass of Thanksgiving for the intentions of the Heritage Society members.
- Annual gift of thanks to members.